39 weeks 6 days, 39 weeks 6 days baby bump, 39 weeks baby bump, 39 weeks pregnant, 39 weeks pregnant belly, 39 weeks pregnant induce labor with pineapple, 39 weeks uncomfortable, 39 weeks weight gain, babycenter.com, Emotion, Feeling, fit pregnancy blog, Hayden, healthy pregnancy blog, Infant, Netflix, pregnancy, pregnancy blog LA, pressure in pelvis 39 weeks, symptoms 39 weeks pregnant, thebump.com, working out 39 weeks pregnant
How Big is Baby? Yep. Still pregnant!
According to babycenter.com: Your baby’s waiting to greet the world! She continues to build a layer of fat to help control her body temperature after birth, but it’s likely she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of her skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
According to thebump.com:
- She’s probably able to flex her limbs now.
- Her brain is still rapidly developing — she’s getting smarter by the week!
- Her nails may extend past her fingertips.
How I’m Feeling Physically?
Physically I am just feeling pretty uncomfortable. I am beyond ready for Hayden to make her debut! Her head is very low in my pelvis area and it is really uncomfortable to sit, bend over, even laying down there is quite a bit of pressure.
Using the restroom more than ever! I know this might sound like I am exaggerating…. but its the truth – my guess is I pee about 20-25 times a day… usually every hour even during the nighttime. I am glued to the toilet! Lmao.
I seem to be doing alright in the gym tho- no real complaints here. I can’t believe I am still working out to be honest! I feel lucky that I am still able to do cardio! It is my saving grace! If I don’t work out I feel such a difference in the way I feel emotionally and physically. Keeping those natural endorphins flowing is just as important to me as fitness. Squats and lunges are getting rather difficult with her little head so low tho….
The bromelain in pineapple I talked about in my last post, seemed to be helping a little bit. After I drank the Pina Colada Mango Smoothie, I had cramps for the rest of the night and throughout the following day! It feels weird saying “Yay!” for cramps because they suck, but I am really just looking for progression and signs leading towards labor!
How I’m Feeling Emotionally?
Emotionally, I am feeling impatient, a little frustrated and slightly disappointed that Hayden hasn’t wanted to come out on her own yet. I never thought I would make it to nearly 40 weeks pregnant, but here I am 2 days away from my due date.
My next doctor appointment is on my due date, Monday the 30th. If all of my strategies to naturally induce labor don’t pan out in the next 48 hours I probably won’t be surprised! I must have a very comfortable little home for her in my belly, cuz she isn’t interested in moving out! lol.
Other than that- I’m feeling pretty good. Maybe a little hormonal this week ?!
- pregnancy length so far: 39 weeks, 6 days
- days left til due date: 2!
- weight gain so far: +22lbs. (think someone had a mini growth spurt this past week!?)
- craving: smoothies & pineapple
- Big news is a no-go! Plans fell thru, and we decided to wait til we find something better. Everything happens for a reason right?!
- cramping right now @ 10:38am on Saturday… my original due date… I wonder if this will lead to something?
- worked out 4 days of elliptical 45+ minutes, followed by 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill, 1 extra day of just walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and 3 Netflix Target Toning. Not as much as I would have liked, but not too bad.
Baby Bump Pics
And here is that enormous belly I am trying to rock! ~
well thats it for me…. I hope I will not be writing another pregnancy post next week at this time 😦 And if this is my last post, I want to thank you all for following me on my first pregnancy! It has been quite the journey for me and I can’t believe I am this close to being finished. Time seemed to drag by in the first trimester, but after that it was a breeze. I am really lucky and grateful that everything went so well! These posts will be fun to look back on one day when I have Hayden in my arms and pregnancy seems like it was so long ago. I hope that somehow, someway, through my pregnancy posts I am able to inspire other mamas-to-be to eat healthy and keep up on their fitness throughout their journey as well! It is all so worth it in the end 🙂 xoxox
Anyone have thoughts on why first time babies are often born after their due date?
Any good books out right now I should pick up?
Advice for the hospital?
- 38 weeks (sweetlyvegan.com)
- 34 weeks (sweetlyvegan.com)
- 37 weeks (sweetlyvegan.com)
- What’s Your Baby Up to This Month? (enfamil.com)
- 31 weeks (sweetlyvegan.com)