almond butter and eggs, almond butter egg white recipe, almond butter egg white wrap, almond butter egg whites, better N PB, cage free egg whites, cooking egg whites in microwave, egg white wrap, egg white wrap with peanut butter, egg whites, egg whites and PB, egg whites and peanut butter, egg whites for one, egg whites in a cup, egg whites in a mug, egg whites with better n pb, egg wrap with pb, healthy egg white wrap, healthy egg wrap, low fat breakfast, low fat egg white recipe, low fat peanut butter, microwave egg whites, nut butter and egg whites, snack wrap, sweetly vegan
Yup… those are egg whites. And I realize this is not a vegan recipe, however its just far too good not to share. And hey- its healthy!!
Egg White Wrap with Nut Butter & Strawberries
I ate this for dinner tonight, and it totally hit the spot! Eggs, a little sweetener, and nut butter taste wonderful together. And the addition of farm fresh strawberries totally pushed it over the top!
- non-stick cooking spray (I used Spectrum Coconut)
- 1/2 c. cage free organic egg whites
- 1/2 packet of stevia (about 1/2 tsp. or use other sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (or just use half like me)
- 1-2 tbsp. Better N’ PB (or your favorite nut butter, I highly suggest using almond butter if you don’t have Better N’ PB)
- 3-4 medium sized fresh cut strawberries (or a handful of raspberries)
- sprinkling of cinnamon
Spray a large coffee mug with non-stick cooking spray. Add egg whites, vanilla extract, and stevia. Stir. Microwave for one minute. Stir. Microwave for one more minute. (I microwave my egg whites for this recipe because its easy and leaves little mess to clean, but feel free to scramble yours in a pan)
While your eggs are in the microwave, warm your tortilla on the stove. Then spread on your peanut butter.
Remove egg whites from the coffee mug and spread them out evenly onto the tortilla. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with chopped strawberries. Drizzle lightly with agave if you want extra sweetness. Enjoy!
Another super easy healthy recipe that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients!
What is your favorite food combination that includes Peanut Butter?
What is your favorite nut butter? I ❤ pecan and raw almond
Have you ever microwaved your egg whites to save on time and mess? Its super easy! Just make sure to clean out your coffee mug right away as any remaining egg whites stuck to the sides will get become extremely tough to remove later.
- smack (verbsandvignettes.wordpress.com)
- Who needs peanut butter? (theannarborvegan.wordpress.com)
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Strawberry Dessert Ideas (berries.com)
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies (dishdashdime.wordpress.com)
- Sweets For My Sweet (thecocinamonologues.com)