29 weeks, 29 weeks baby bump, 29 weeks pregnancy blog, 29 weeks pregnant, 29 weeks weight gain, baby bump third trimester, baby center, cravings at 29 weeks, haydens nursery, pregnancy belly 29 weeks, pregnancy blog, whats pregnancy like at 29 weeks
How Big is Baby?
According to babycenter.com:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you’ll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby’s hardening skeleton each day.
According to babiesonline.com:
Your baby can open her eyes and will turn her head towards a source of any light. Her sensory organs are well developed. Her fingernails and toenails are growing and she is beginning to regulate her own temperature. The bone marrow is completely in charge of production of the red blood cells now. Your baby even urinates about a half liter of urine into the amniotic fluid every day. Your baby weighs about 2.5 pounds and is over 15 inches long.
How I’m Feeling Physically?
Physically I felt good this week! Definitely hungrier! But if I eat too much in one sitting the food stays up near my esophagus and causes some gnarly heartburn. We had Mama’s Pizza the other day (New York style pizza, I had one large slice of thin crust vegetarian with very light cheese and crushed red peppers) and I ate the whole thing- and for the next 5 or 6 hours I had heartburn due to eating too much in one sitting. No bueno.
Workouts have been good. I stepped it up a level on the elliptical (level 8, instead of level 7) and found out that I could actually sweat! I haven’t really sweat very much during my pregnancy as we are supposed to keep our heart rate so low. I monitored my heart rate though and made sure to keep it at a healthy level for the babes.
I had a minor meltdown last week when the scale tripped up about 3 lbs. in one day. I was very swollen I think from setting up the nursery and being on my feet all day (and maybe a bit too much sodium in my diet) Thank God it was just bloating, as the scale is right back to where it should be and I am no longer bloated =)
I feel the baby move ALL THE TIME. Big movements, like I will feel a whole limb sliding across my belly, or a stretch with a limb poking out! I think she may have finally turned because I feel soft light movement at the bottom of my uterus (hands?), and stronger bigger movement up near the top – which I am assuming would be legs. That makes me verrrry happy as I DO NOT WANT A C-SECTION!
How I’m Feeling Emotionally?
Emotionally I feel wonderful. I feel very lucky to have such a beautiful little family already and to add a baby is definitely the cherry on top!
With the nursery coming right along, I feel very productive and am enjoying the nesting to the fullest. And I have been doing some online shopping buying a few things for the nursery ~ a closet organizer, diaper organizer, changing pad/cover, a few more outfits, and other random things. Online shopping is SOO ADDICTING!!!!
A sneak peak at her closet and dresser ~
I can’t believe we only have one more full month to ourselves and then we will have a baby! It is hard to believe, but each time she kicks me I imagine her stretching and kicking right in front of me and it makes it all the more real.
I had a dream last night that her hand was reaching out of my belly and I was holding it. Then her legs and feet would try to poke their way out and I would put them back in because I wanted her to stay in my belly longer. I was trying to get in to the doctor but they didn’t have any openings to get me in! Weird! LOL
- total weight gained so far: 16.5lbs.
- pregnancy length this far: 29 weeks, 4 days
- 74 days ( about 10 weeks, 3 days til her EDD)
- 5 elliptical workouts this week (45min+) and 3 Netflix 10 Minute Solution: Target Toning
- craving: Special K with Berries & unsweetened almond milk, baby carrot sticks & hummus, strawberry banana smoothies, So Delicious No Sugar Added Mini Fudge Bars (80 cal.), 1/2 c. organic cage free egg whites with 1/4 avocado & 1 1/2 tbsp. spicy salsa, Pinkberry (For the past three years I always order the medium size original flavor with strawberries, raspberries, and chocolate chips. MY FAVORITE!!!), organic strawberries, organic honeycrisp apples, oh and pomegranate juice – I always drink just about 1/2c. when I take my vitamins.
- rescheduled my Dr. appt for today because I was too tired to make my last one which was scheduled too early in the morning after a night when I didn’t sleep well, so today I get the Rh shot!
- hired a dog walker/trainer to walk the dogs M-F because I can no longer walk all three of them together (they each pull me a different way and make me one unhappy camper by the time our walk is finished)
- still have lots of little things to buy for the baby
- sleeping a little better at night, but still waking up 3 or more times to pee
- washed ALL of the baby clothes & put away, also set up her bouncer
- we brought all of the baby furniture home from storage, the dresser/changing table is set up and full of her things already, the crib we have to go buy new bolts (the ones that go with the crib were misplaced)
Baby Bump Pics
- 25 weeks (sweetlyvegan.com)
- 27 weeks (sweetlyvegan.com)
- 26 weeks (sweetlyvegan.com)
- 28 weeks (sweetlyvegan.com)
- 21 weeks (sweetlyvegan.com)