23 weeks, 23 weeks pregnancy weight gain, 23 weeks pregnant, 23 weeks weight gain, belly rash, benedryl for pregnancy, bio-oil, crunch yoga mama, forever 21 maternity, forever 21 maternity controversy, healthy pregnancy 23 weeks, how much weight gained at 23 weeks pregnant, itchy belly pregnant, itchy belly second trimester, pregnancy rash 23 weeks, workout videos pregnant
How Big is Baby?
According to babiesonline.com:
The body of your baby is getting plumper but his skin is still fairly wrinkled due to the lack of subcutaneous fat. He’s starting to drink the amniotic fluid he’s floating in, and his digestive system is mature enough to absorb nutrients. Not only is your baby starting to drink and taste, but all of his sensory systems are maturing as well. Your baby’s face and body is looking more and more like those of an infant. The bones of his inner ear are beginning to harden and his pancreas is developing (the pancreas is very important in the production of insulin). Your baby’s fingernails are almost fully formed and the lanugo (fine hair) that covers his body is getting darker. Your baby continues to grow in preparation for the journey of birth. Your baby is now more than 11 inches long and weighs over a pound.
How I’m Feeling Physically
- On a day to day basis I feel pretty great physically. I have a lot of energy when I am working out, and have been able to jog up to 5.0mph while keeping my heart rate below 172 bpm.
- There have been a few minor challenges while working out in the gym – I have been getting frequent shin splints while I am on the treadmill incline- but lowering the incline seems to be helping so far. Also, squats have become more uncomfortable, as my belly sometimes gets in the way.
- I love strength training, and doing my Netflix 10 minute solution video has come in very handy for getting it done!
- My belly is very sensitive. Anything that bumps it or touches it (such as bathroom counters, seatbelts, kitchen island) is uncomfortable so I have to kind of move around carefully.
- I ran out of my avocado lotion and extra virgin coconut oil. I was too lazy to drive anywhere, so I just walked across the street to the drugstore and picked up the maternity friendly and notorious “Bio-Oil” – soon I broke out with an extremely itchy rash all over my belly and anywhere else I applied this oil. My Doctor recommended I take some Benedryl, which has helped tremendously along with discontinuing the use of the oil.
How I’m Feeling Emotionally
I leave for Minnesota on Wednesday evening and I am super excited, but sad to leave Chase and our pups behind. I have a very busy week/weekend planned so I’m sure this trip will fly by!
- I arrive late Wednesday night, and then Thursday I have my cousins wedding rehearsal and groom’s dinner.
- Friday I have to go shopping for a wedding gift, my dad’s bday gift, and get groceries for my baby shower on Sunday.
- Saturday all day is wedding festivities. All the bridesmaids have hair/makeup and lunch with the bride during the day and then the wedding and reception will be held that evening.
- Sunday is the baby shower with all my close Minnesota friends and my Mom’s side of the family. (My dad is going to have a small get together for me the following weekend with his side of the family, as my parents are divorced)
In other emotions this week- I was pretty annoyed to find out that Forever 21 is no longer carrying their maternity clothing due controversy over “profiting off teen pregnancy.” I know tons of women who shop at Forever 21 that are beyond their teenage years. For people to argue that by Forever 21 selling maternity clothing they are promoting teen pregnancy, is absurd. I thought about writing a letter their corporate center explaining my feelings, and googled information about the line being discontinued. I found many blogs and articles on this topic with hundreds of comments from outraged women who feel just as I do. What are your thoughts?
- Weight gained ~ 12-13 lbs.
- Craving- oatmeal, clementines, banana soft serve, TJ’s raw chunky almond butter, and green smoothies with raw cacao
- 118 days until baby is born! (currently I am 23 weeks, 1 day. I now have only 16 weeks 6 days remaining!!)
- Next doctor’s appointment Jan 19 with glucose test and hopefully an ultrasound
- workouts: 5 days last week on the treadmill, 4 of them for 45 minutes, one for 60. I have been jogging @ 4.7-5.0 with no incline, and then add the incline to 2.0-4.0 while walking @ 4.0-4.3mph (alternating these every 5-10 minutes).
- I got in 3 Netflix 10 minute Solution Target Toning. No yoga again- I still need to buy a new yoga video. Yoga Mama on streaming Netflix is less than exciting.
Baby Bump Pics
- it’s raining men (ask.metafilter.com)
- Sugar Shout Out: See 2011’s Best Baby Shower Ideas (fabsugar.com)
- Sugar Shout Out: See 2011’s Best Baby Shower Ideas (popsugar.com)
- 21 weeks (sweetlyvegan.com)
- 22 weeks (sweetlyvegan.com)