21 weeks baby bump, 21 weeks photos, 21 weeks pregnancy blog, 21 weeks pregnancy weight, 21 weeks pregnant, 21 weeks pregnant belly pics, 21 weeks weight gain, braxton hicks, weight gained at 21 weeks pregnant, working out during pregnancy
Wow!! Time has been flying.. I can’t believe I have completed 21 weeks of pregnancy!
According to babycenter.com:
How your baby’s growing:
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she’s practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby’s eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you’re having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.
How I’m feeling Physically?
- I got in 4 gym workouts last week, 2 home yoga sessions, and 3 sessions of netflix 10 Minute Solution: Target Toning. I also walk the dogs everyday in the morning for about 30 minutes, and then again at night for about 20.
- Having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions after working out and even from walking the dogs. These suck!!!!
- I feel like my belly has grown a ton in the last two or three days. I know this is obviously supposed to happen but wow!! It is really happening quickly.
- I feel tons of kicks all day long, especially after I drink a bottle of water or a few minutes after I have eaten something.
- I have a lot of energy in the gym and I really would like to work harder than what my heart rate will let me. I was on the elliptical the other day and felt like I was doing really good- breaking a nice sweat and then all of a sudden I saw that my heart rate was at 192 bpm. WHOA! I didn’t even notice that I was going that much harder I was just in a workout daze I guess but I definitely have to be more careful. I try to keep my heart rate between 150-170 as one of my friends, Kjirsten, a personal trainer/blogger who is also pregnant does.
- By bedtime I am exhausted and can’t wait to close my eyes!!
- Over the past few days I have only been waking up once or twice to pee which is a nice cutback from the usual 3 or 4.
How I’m Feeling Emotionally?
- Emotionally I am starting to feel kind of scared. I am really going to be a mom. I have four more months and our baby will be here. We don’t have the nursery set up at all yet, so I am getting really excited to do that. Hopefully we will get started on that right after Christmas passes!
- I am nervous about breastfeeding, and pumping. So I am looking into classes to teach me a little more about this subject that I know absolutely nothing about! I’m terrified for my poor boobs too!! They are extremely sensitive already and to think about breastfeeding makes me want to curl up into a little ball and hide. Yikes!
- Labor has also been on my mind, due to the frequent Braxton Hicks I have been experiencing after my workouts. I used to have intense cramps during my periods, so I am wondering if this is an indication of how labor will go. Ut oh.
- I am really excited though to finally hold our baby girl and kiss her sweet little face! ❤
- I have a baby coach who comes to our house, and she is supposed to come two or three more times before the baby arrives. She recommended that I make up some rules with Chase so that we try for a natural birth before anything else. She says if I have to ask him for medication three times, only on the third time can he know that I REALLY want it. And then let the doctors know its a go! uhhh… yea nervous
- Total weight gained so far + 10 lbs.
- Days until baby will be here: 130
- According to my baby bump app I am 21 weeks 4 days pregnant. (My doc moved up my date so the due date would go by my last month’s period. Making my EDD now 4/28/12 instead of 4/30/12)
- craving chocolate chips, baked salmon with spinach and feta from TJ’s, and pumpkin cream cheese (not all together LOL)
- I am going home to Minnesota for a visit January 4-15. My cousin’s wedding is on the 7th, and I am a bridesmaid! I was fitted for my dress back in June- before I was pregnant. It was a size 2. Ummm… I am definitely not a size 2 anymore, but am praying that I will be able to have it altered and still fit by January 7. I tried the dress on last week and it still fit perfectly (it zips up the side), except when I got to the side bust area ~ underneath my armpit, the zipper went up all the way except for the last inch. So I will have to get it altered and I am thinking maybe a week before the wedding I will take it in. I am growing so fast if I take it in before that I worry I won’t be the same size?!
- I have my first baby shower on January 8th back in Minnesota, two of my girlfriends and my mom are throwing for me! I can’t wait to see everyone!
- The dogs are still sleeping with us! and we are all able to sleep! A MIRACLE 🙂 we will move them back to sleeping in their own doggy bed we just aren’t ready to yet.
PICS of MY BELLY ~
What are your fears aBOUT PREGNAncy/BIRTH?
DO YOU THINK YOU WILL WANT PAIN MEDS OR GO FOR ALL NATURAL?
- What’s Your Baby Up to This Month? (enfamil.com)
- Stages of Pregnancy (bupa.com.au)
- Information for Breastfeeding mothers: How to know if baby is getting enough milk (babybluerockingchair.wordpress.com)
- Heart ache (mrscnb.com)
- What’s Your Baby Up to This Month? (enfamil.com)